For Pros By Pros
Tools, tips, and techniques for installing wainscots, casings, cornices, baseboards, and more.From the Editors of Fine Homebuilding Magazine
Pleasing proportions, clean lines, flawless miters, and other well-crafted details are all measures of excellence for finish carpentry. Finish Carpentry takes you to the job site to see exactly how topnotch trim carpenters get interior detailing done right. A collection of articles from Fine Homebuilding magazine, this book covers the essentials of interior trim and built-in construction, including techniques for constructing hutches, baseboards, windows, crown molding, and paneling.
Written by the pros who actually do the work, these articles will help you to:
* install different types of door, window, baseboard, and cornice trim
* calculate, order, and plan trim installation to minimize waste
* compensate for out-of-square, out-of-plumb conditions
* make cope and miter cuts quickly and accurately
* use scribing techniques to get precise fits against uneven surfaces
* design and install a paneled wainscot
* use a nail gun to speed trim installation
Formerly The Best of Fine Homebuilding: Finish Carpentry, this newly revised edition features 30 percent new content, including the latest tools and techniques and updated photos and illustrations. Softcover, 8-1/2 x 11 in., 160 pages, with color photos and drawingS. Published 2002, ISBN 1-56158-536-X
-Please scroll down the page for the "Add to Order" button.-
Return to Top of Page.